Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh to be obsessive...

Although I didn't even take a full week off this past week, I still found myself fighting the urge to check my work email. This has been an issue with me for years. I've always had trouble letting work go and just enjoying myself. Indeed it has its good points, it can make for less productive relaxation. I even found myself exchanging emails while I was on vacation in Lake Tahoe last winter. Being three hours behind, I had someone at work summarize the prior day for me and then before going to ski for the day, I would give my responses, reactions, etc. Whereas at the time I thought it was multi-tasking, it was really me being obsessive and I've been working on that. So I'm proud to say that I haven't touch work since I left Tuesday afternoon. Now if I could get myself to not worry about Monday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes the wonderful world of OCD. I'm the same way. I was away for four days due to a funeral so I really didn't have time nor energy to get online but when we're away on vacation I go through withdrawal.