Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

While riding a chairlift just after 8:00 am this morning I got a nice chance to reflect on my life and those around me. It's not as though I don't do so often, but this time was seemingly different and quite frankly didn't have anything to do with the holiday. I'm generally a gracious and thankful person, or at least I try to be.
With a gentle mist falling and the chair gliding slowly through a low-lying fog bank, I could see different sections of the mountain at different times and everything was white. While we've only seen a few inches of natural snow, the flat light and massive amounts of man made snow of the trails and in the trees provided an almost mystical illusion of a winter wonderland... in November. Okay so such imagery might be kink of hard to imagine with the weather most of us have seen, but that isn't the point anyway. The point is that I was keenly aware of everything around me and was so at peace that I just couldn't help but be thankful. And while I wasn't creating a list in my head of the things I am thankful for, I was content with just being thankful in general.

0 comments: