Monday, November 19, 2007

And to think, people really do care

After a long day on the slopes Saturday, I was pondering the temptation of a nap as Jules flipped through the channels in her condo. Late afternoons after skiing I rarely question what is on the TV as I do normally nap; however, I have to say that I really was taken aback by what I saw that day. Now, it's not like I haven't seen a little E network now and again, but the fact that there was a reality show about the daily lives of the family of one of the dead attorneys for O.J. Simpson, really blew me away. Who cares? I wondered, but obviously tons of people do. Don't get me wrong, there was some funny stuff, but it wasn't anything different than watching coverage of any celeb of Inside Edition. It just so happens to be a different set of faces, but the situations are the same.

Now later in the evening, Jules was again surfing and came across Mobile Home Disasters on CMT. I'm not really sure how much I can say about this without the chance of offending a large chunk of society, but perhaps the fact that the host were making fun of the people on it is some indication of the content.

I'm glad I skied most of the day and we switched over to some of my DVDs later...

0 comments: