Sunday, January 20, 2008

Patriots vs Giants... again

Hmmm. As I walked in the door to my house after a nice weekend of of skiing, I walked towards the family room to turn the Patriots game on. While I enjoyed listening to the first half on the radio in the car on the way home from the mountain, I looked forward to seeing it on the tube as well, and then a text message came through: "Do you think Tom Brady's drunk?"
After today's game, it was a fairly viable question and quite frankly, I wonder. The Patriots were lucky to get past a very dangerous Chargers team. Granted, Tomlinson may have been on the bench, but with the way the Pats offense was playing, I wouldn't have been all that surprised. Suffice to say, they will have to step it up a notch in a could weeks in Glendale if there are to beat the upstart New York Giants. Of course there is incentive for both teams; the Giants want to be the Cinderella story and prove their week 16 game against the Pats was no fluke while the Patriots are shooting for the perfect season, don't want to get paddles by their coach, and are trying to save the nation from seeing the second Manning in two years win a Superbowl - a thought that makes me sick.
It truly would have been nice to see Brett Favre back in the big game. While I wouldn't want to see my team lose to them again, it would be far better than losing to another Manning, and Favre is a class act. I hope he comes back next year!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it will be a great game out in Arizona -- however, the outcome won't be any different than it was earlier this year ... Brady and the Pats always finish the job in the end.

I'm just still bummed that those pesky Giants beat my Cowboys.