Friday, January 18, 2008

Have you tried SweetIM?

Thinking back to my last year in college, AIM was one of the biggest things going. Everyone I knew used AIM for instant messaging and had various color schemes, backgrounds, graphics, and even links to things like quizzes. Now I admit that while I may not be the most knowledgeable person when it comes to computers, AIM really worked for people because it was free and user friendly. Aside from unique away messages, I think the most common thing I remember about why I started using instant messaging of any sort was the evolution of emoticons. I suspect that if you’re reading this, you know full well what an emoticon is, and if not, just look in the mirror and smile, frown, or cry. Then picture that on your computer screen. But like all things, instant messaging sort of became boring to me until SweetIM came along . Sweet IM is a free add-on that service that can be used with AIM, Yahoo IM, MSN IM, or even used with you email. Instead of just plugging in a smiley face - which you most certainly still can do - you can now add in pictures, neat animated graphics, nudges, sound effects, and more. Two of the best parts about SweetIM, aside from the name, are the fact that it’s totally free and is free of adware, spy ware, and pop-ups!

0 comments: