Thursday, October 18, 2007

Congrats to Joe Torre

Hold on! Did I just say that? But alas, I'm a Red Sox fan. How could I make such a comment about the former Yankees skipper. The reason is because I am a fan of the game and I respect people who give there all to anything or any type fo work.
Does it mean I have to like the Yankees? Nope, but I sure as hell respect the history the organization has and some of the fantastic players who've worn the pinstripes. Whereas I can't stand The Boss and feel that his announcement buring the playoffs that Torre had to win or would be done, was class-less; I respect Joe Torre and even like the guy. I'm glad he stood up and said no when the Yankees spit in his face today with their $5 million offer for one year. The man should have done this a long time ago and I hope he goes somewhere where he can come back to defeat The Boss, but the fact is, he already did so today.

0 comments: