Thursday, February 14, 2008

Other options for Valentine's Day

I've increasingly heard from couples that they don't want to do the flowers and candy thing anymore. Granted, my significant other is not in that camp, but unfortunately for her, I am, at least financially. I just can't stomach paying $80 to have flowers sent on this one day when you are supposed to love someone everyday. Regardless, I'm not going to continue on that path right now as it is a losing battle; however, for those of you that don't want to wade through the long lines and crowded restaurants, there are other options for Valentine's Day. For example, my girlfriend and I love to ski, so instead of doing the traditional dinner thing, we are going to go night skiing. We'll save some money, have fun, and most importantly, spend the evening together. What are your plans?

0 comments: