Thursday, February 14, 2008

Gone Baby Gone

It's rare that I walk away from a movie as taken aback as I was after watching Gone Baby Gone last night. Some of you may recall that I spoke of this acclaimed movie shortly before it came out to theaters. If you recall, I spoke of how powerful the novel by Dennis Lehane is, and don't get me wrong, it is, but rarely there are times when the movie strikes as much of a cord with its' viewers as the book does. While I think that the two works are very much different and even have differences in the plotline, the main points of the novel are carried through in the book and Casey Affleck absolutely nailed what my perception of Patrick Kenzie would be if put to screen. This movie is nearly as thought provoking as the novel it is based on. I'm haunted, and that is the point.

0 comments: