Sunday, February 3, 2008

It never gets old...


As I sit here, somewhat deflated from the Patriots' loss in the Super Bowl, I take solace in knowing that I had yet another memorable couple of days on snow. I've gotten an increased amount of questions as to the amount of days I've skied this season already and to be honest, it makes me feel uncomfortable. No, I don't mind that people think I never work. I get a certain amount of days off a year and I choose to take them in the winter for the most part. I just feel awkward as I don't want to come across as bragging or as though I'm competing with anyone. I do compete with myself and the mountain and yet the latter is an opponent I never truly test for she wields a power far greater than me. And while I skied day number 49 today, it was one specific day last week where I was just blown away at how blessed people like myself are. With the mercury well-below zero and a gusty northeasterly wind making things a bit interesting at Sugarloaf, I braved the elements and enjoyed some of the best conditions of the year. And then on the last run, I took time to pause, catch my breath, and have a moment of reflection. When I turned to look up to the summit from my vantage point at mid-mountain, this was the site... and if for a moment I forgot why I love places like these, that moment was surely short!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing!