Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm glad I didn't check my work email over vacation

So a few days back I posted about how I was trying to leave work at work while I was on vacation and I was indeed successful. I didn't check my work email or voicemail while away. And while this was a victory of sorts, I'm still bothered by the fact that whenever I come back from a break, there's always so much work waiting for me. Yes, the theory would be that it gets done while your away, especially in my position, but you can't expect that people will have the time to do all your work and theirs at the same time. It isn't fair to expect it and I don't. Those that did cover for me did a great job, but it always seems that when I go away, a ton of stuff comes in and no matter how much of it is done while I'm away, there's always the catch up game when I return. In fact I was pretty much in a trance all of Monday, thinking that the world was going to end. Of course, that isn't the case, but I suppose I wouldn't be obsessive if I didn't think so. Regardless, it was good to get some time off and will have some more in the near future. I better start planning... or maybe I shouldn't!

0 comments: